- The address and postcode is Brunton House & Cottages, near Christon Bank, Alnwick, Northumberland, NE66 3HQ.
- Whether travelling from the north or the south, exit the A1 at Charlton Mires, five miles north of Alnwick, and take the B6347 towards Christon Bank and Seahouses.
- After two miles, there is a junction. Keep left, following the sign to Doxford and Chathill.
- Drive down this straight road for one mile, then turn right at the T-junction signed to Christon Bank and Newton-by-the-Sea
- After another half mile, you will reach a crossroads. Go straight over, signed to Brunton. The road will pass under a railway bridge.
- As you drive into Brunton, which comprises a farm and small hamlet, you will pass cottages on your right and then as the road bends there are cottages on the left.
- At the bottom, you will reach a courtyard where you will find Mill Race Cottage and Brunton Burn Cottage overlooking the river. After the courtyard you will find parking on the left-hand side.
- For Brunton House, continue along the road, over the bridge and take the middle drive up to the front of the house. Stable Cottage is on the right before you turn to Brunton House.